Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Something for the birds



The quickest painting I have ever completed. I was done in two sittings, well actually the initial sitting was a session of throwing industrial enamel (black) then I took the piece home for some inspiration and to try find form...I got nothing. Six months later I grabbed the piece from my ironing board because I had nothing else to work on and took it to the studio. I set it down and viola! I found about six bird forms and highlighted them with pastel colours and I was done. This was for me the first time I felt creative as an artist because I wasn't painting from a tangible object. It is quite a brilliant painting and I did it with minimum painter's block so I LOVED IT! I will try and get a better quality image so that the brilliance shines through *giggles*

No comments:

Post a Comment